Jochen Merz has more than 20 years of professional experience in the Mobile Communications Industry. He successfully supported the acquisition of UMTS and WiMAX licenses in Indonesia, Brunei, Vietnam, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and Ghana. Jochen successfully conducted several technical due diligences into mobile operator and tower infrastructure provider assets.
Jochen’s initial exposure to the tower infrastructure business was in 2001, as the principal RF Engineer for Vodafone Australia, he was in charge of the RF and site data, which constituted the annexes of the Vodafone – Crown Castle Sale and Leaseback deal. Since than Jochen was involved in several further tower infrastructure projects (exemplary selection):
2008 – Indonesian Telecom Tower Market, Technology & Infrastructure Study (including a technical due diligence and random site visits), commissioned by a SE-Asian bank.
2012 – Due Diligence and Indonesian Telecom Tower Market Study commissioned by the European bank.
Among others, Jochen worked for:
- T-Mobile Germany, Cell Planner and expert in frequency co-ordination
- PT Satelindo Indonesia: Head of BSS Parameter Planning
- Vodafone Australia, Principal Engineer RF Design
- Detecon International GmbH, Managing Consultant
- License Acquisitions
- Technical Due Diligence
- Business Plan development
- Tender Specification and Evaluations